Monday, February 23, 2015

A Good Time Was Had By All at Stitches West

A Verb for Keeping Warm booth at Stitches West

Stitches West was a blast as always. It is always so much fun to see people and share stories of our knitterly year. I didn't get to see Irish Girlie at her Anzula signing because I was in class all day Friday. I know she had a blast though, so be looking for a posting from her.

I took a nuno felted scarf class on Friday and got quite a work out. If you're not familiar with the process (I only had superficial knowledge), the scarf starts with a base of silk upon which tufts of wool is added and then manipulated. The fibers work their way through the porous silk weave to lock into place. In order to get them to adhere you have to roll and roll and roll everything together.




 The before felting (left) and finished nuno felted scarf (right). My arms are still sore from all the rolling and manipulating of the fiber. Well worth it though, I think I'll be trying this again on my own.





Thanks to Irish Girlie who braved the crowded booth for me, I was able to score some of the coveted Yoth Yarns gradients on a stick.  I could just eat it up - so yummy. What is it about things on a stick that we Americans love so much?

I also fell in love with a Miss Babs gradient set. I'm a bit late to the gradient love. I wasn't sold until I saw the yarns and some gorgeously knitted items in person that I made the big purchase.

I'm not sure what patterns I'll use them for, any ideas? Maybe a Ring of Kerry - that would be pretty.
What would you knit?
Tricia (@cheekyattitude)

Still time left on the Birthday Month Sale!



2 comments:

Renee Anne said...

Honestly, I've not hopped on the gradient train yet. I'm not sure I ever will. Also, I don't "get" cowls...maybe it's because they look weird on me. And I do love that scarf :) I may or may not have spent too much money at Stitches...

Anonymous said...

oh man tricia...that scarf...absolutely gorgeous! i still cannot get over it.

what is gradient? different tones of yarn in the same project?

sazzy

ShareThis